Poetry in Medicine

Today was our last small group POM-2 session before we switch to new groups and new mentors, so of course we ended with the obligatory self- and peer-evaluation.  There were a total of eleven areas that we had to address, and I decided to be different and do it not in paragraph form, but in haiku.  At the end of my presentation, there was a pregnant pause.  Finally, my mentor broke the silence and said, "Well, that was a first."  I think he liked it, though, because he laughed at each poem as I read them aloud.  He also told us a story about a resident who one day made all of the medical students present their patients using haikus.

For the next few days, I will include a haiku to in each post.  Enjoy!

Problem Solving Skills
Give me a problem
I think that I can solve it
It takes me a while

No comments: