A Look Into Our Minds

Josh, Coop, and I take a pretty unconventional approach to studying Pharm.  Everyone else I've spoken to basically stares at the charts until they memorize every fact.  Since I'm terrible at that kind of stuff, we've decided to come up with ridiculous stories to help us remember each drug.  A few examples:

Scopolamine (muscarinic antagonist)
Indication: sedative, relief of motion sickness
Randy used Scope bottles to sneak alcohol onto the cruise, and you get motion sickness and tired when you're rocking back and forth on a boat.

Sibutramine (amphetamine-related drug)
Indication: weight loss
Sigh, my butt is so big that it's ramming into things.

Omalizumab (IgE monoclonal antibody)
Indication: anti-inflammatory, relief of asthma
Oh mah God, there's a lizard crawling down my throat!  I need a monoclonal antibody to prevent blinding of IgE to my mast cells and basophils!

Use of Resource Materials
Wikipedia
Is not as good a resource
As CMDT

No comments: