Designated Driver

I was just leaving Chrissy's apartment, where we had been working on my Halloween costume, when I suddenly heard a girl scream, "WAIT!"  I rolled down the window to see what she needed, only to discover a drunk girl in lederhosen asking for a ride to Christian's Pizza.  After helping me pull out of my extremely tight parallel parking spot, she introduced herself as "Puv."  Well, that's what it sounded like anyway; it was hard to hear what she was saying through all of the popcorn she was stuffing in her mouth.

Here is how part of our conversation in the car went:

Puv(?): I want to go to CHRISTIAN'S!
Sam: Yes, that's where I'm taking you.
Puv(?): Where are YOU going?
Sam: I'm actually on my way home, but I pass Christian's, so it's no big deal.
Puv(?): Where do you live?
Sam: Off of JPA.
Puv(?): In JPJ?
Sam: No, off of JPA.
Puv(?): In JPJ!?
Sam: No, off of JPA.
Puv(?): Oh, I don't know where that is.
Sam: It's on the other side of grounds.
Puv(?): You're a very sweet boy.  CHRISTIAN'S!!!

I mean it when I say that I hope Puv(?) found her friends at Christian's and isn't passed out in a ditch somewhere.  Because that might very well be the case right now.

No comments: