Why Titan Can Never Be a Guide Dog

Well, I guess there are many reasons, but the one I'm thinking of right now is the fact that he doesn't know how to avoid obstacles in the sidewalk.  Today while we were running, we happened to pas a bus that was letting its passengers off at Shamrock Road.  I kept going straight, but Titan moved slightly to the left instead of staying in front of me.  The leash stretched across the sidewalk and almost knocked a girl over, but I managed to let it go just in time before pulling her legs out from underneath her.

Now that I think about it, he also almost killed me today on our way back when he started chasing a squirrel across the street while both of my feet were off of the ground.  In fact, if I die before graduating from medical school, it will probably be from running with Titan.

No comments: