Smooth Criminal

I just received an e-mail from First Car Rental, the company that I used for my two road trips while I was in South Africa, informing me that I had been caught speeding on camera in Jo-burg.  However, the attached invoice made no sense whatsoever and was basically just a jumble of words and numbers.  I tried to uphold the Honor instilled in me at UVA and e-mailed them back asking if I was supposed to take any action, but the reply they sent made even less sense and had no information on how to actually pay the fine.

Since I could care less about having an outstanding traffic ticket in South Africa, I may just choose to ignore the fact that anything happened at all.  You'd better stay away from me, though; I'm a fugitive from the Law.

1 comment:

Catmo said...

That happened to my friend Jaime. She also had some feeling that it was sketchy, so be aware of that, I guess? Not helpful. Sorry.