Dog Tired

Lately I've been accused of using (and abusing) the phrase "This is literally the worst," but that would actually be a very accurate description of what happened to me today. Jon and Chrissy tricked me into joining them on a hike of the entire Rivanna Trail, which surrounds the entire city of Charlottesville, in one day. I had no idea before I started the hike at 8:30 this morning that the trail was over 20 miles long and would take us 10 hours to complete. The hike also featured appearances by Greg and Vicki, who accompanied us for the first half, and Lee, who joined up with us to complete the second half.

Highs and Lows (I'll let you figure out which ones are which):
- Finding the "Broken Bridge."
- Running over a mile through the "wetlands" and coming out on the other side with only eight mosquito bites.
- Walking over an extremely long and tall railroad bridge that could barely support our weight.
- Discovering that Titan had cut open one of the pads on his front left paw.
- Getting lunch at Subway.
- Losing the trail and ending up on the wrong side of the Rivanna, forcing us to ford the river in our hiking clothes.
- Removing 11 ticks from Titan and one tick from my... er... "special place."
- Eating chicken fajitas at Lee's place to celebrate the successful completion of our expedition.

No comments: