It Hurts!

I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland of snow. Needless to say, we quickly made plans to go sledding this afternoon. There's only one problem: none of us have sleds. We manage to construct our own out of things like flatscreen TV boxes and garbage can lids. Sledding WIN! ...or so we think.

"Go for it!" John says. "It'll be awesome!" John says. I go for it. I plunge down the hill, going faster, spinning, going still faster, spinning even faster. The last thing I see is a park bench. A metal park bench, about to sever my cervical spine. I instinctively put up my arm, hitting the obstruction at 25 miles per hour, no wait, more like 100 miles per hour. I scream. I keep screaming. Miraculously, my arm isn't broken, it just has a bruise the size of an aircraft carrier. Not sure why this is the first analogy that comes to mind. Pain. Pain.

Fast forward six hours. The DVD screen comes up on Sunny's TV. The icon bounces off of the walls, changing colors each time it hits the border. Finally, it hits the corner! I jump, "HOORAY!" I jab my fingers into the too-short ceiling. The area under my fingernails are now bruised. I can still type, but it comes at a price. Pain. Pain.

First day of school... not goin 2 grate, akshully.

No comments: