Blackout

I was blackout last night. No, not that kind of blackout. The power to our house was cut off, because one of my roommates apparently failed to pay the power bill on time. When he called me to tell me, I just shrugged it off. What was the big deal, anyway? People lived without electricity in the 1800s, and I'm at least as smart and capable as they were.

Well, it turns out you use power for a lot of things. I got home and tried to turn on the lights... and they didn't work. Then I decided to cook something for dinner... and realized that the stove runs on power, too. So I tried to take some leftovers out of the fridge... but I couldn't open the door, or the food would go bad. And I definitely needed to shower off the stench of formaldehyde... which ended up being very hard to do in the dark. Worst of all, no power meant no wireless internet. What is a poor e-mail addict like me to do!?

Dominion Power is supposed to reactivate our electricity at some point today, so my fingers are crossed that I'll have power again when I get home. Otherwise, I'll just have to resort to going over to Kimberly's again and eating her food. Not a bad idea...

No comments: